Scandic Hamburg Emporio
Stylish design hotel in Hamburg’s city centre, with in-house and adjoining conference and event space, and conveniently located close to Hamburg’s newly renovated congress centre.
- Newcomer on the Hamburg hotel scene (opened late 2012)
- 325 guestrooms
- Restaurant, bar & lounge, courtyard terrace
- 8 meeting rooms on single floor
- Total of 423 sqm. / 4,553 sqft. of meeting space (up to 325 pax)
- Distance from international airport: 9 miles / 15 kilometres
- Secure garage with 69 parking spaces
- In same complex as congress centre with further 2,000 sqm. / 21,528 sqft. of meeting & event space
Scandic Hamburg Emporio has 325 en suite guestrooms (including disabled access rooms), all of which feature designs inspired by Hamburg’s abundance of water and include the following amenities:
- Free high-speed WiFi internet
- Cable & satellite TV
- Working desk with ergonomic chair & lamp
- Iron & ironing board
- Safe-deposit box
- Air-conditioning with individual climate control
- Floor-to-ceiling windows, wooden floors
Scandic Hamburg Emporio offers a total of 423 sqm. / 4,553 sqft. of meeting space for up to 325 delegates across 8 rooms, all of which are located on a single floor.
The hotel’s main conference room has an area of 136 sqm. / 1,464 sqft., providing capacity for up to 140 persons, and can be divided into two smaller function rooms.
In addition, the hotel is located in the same complex as central Hamburg’s premier events venue, Nord Event’s Emporio Tower, which provides an additional 2,000 sqm. / 21,528 sqft. of conference and exhibition space, including the Panoramadeck with 360 degree views of the city and its harbour, lakes and canals.
Other Key Features
- Free high-speed WiFi internet in all meeting rooms
- State-of-the-art technical equipment
- Whiteboard, flipchart, paper, pads and pens
- Scandic mineral water & tea & coffee stations
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- H20 Restaurant (capacity 220 persons): Buffet breakfasts; lunches & dinners with Scandinavian-influenced local, regional & international cuisine; open-show kitchen
- H20 Bar (capacity 45 persons + terrace): Serving snacks & drinks until late; International beers, focus on German wines, homemade Swedish liquors, Bavarian whisky, locally-produced gin, more than 80 cocktails
- Modern gym with weights, treadmill, exercise bike etc.
- Saunas & relaxation area
- Free bicycle hire
- Access to local running routes (maps available at the hotel)
- Multiple sustainability certificates (including “Green Globe” & “EU Flower” and awarded “Greenest Hotel in Germany” title by German Business Travel Association
- Dedicated sustainability reporting programme, measuring areas such as water usage, electricity consumption, carbon emissions
- Extensive accessibility charter focused on providing solutions for guests with all types of disability throughout the hotel